There hasn’t been any more snow at Allenheads however yesterdays 6cms, lying on increasingly frozen ground, should make the field skiable if a bit bumpy. We will open at about 11.00am.
If you go today, please park carefully and, as it is our first day running the tows, there may be the occasional interruption and you may be called on to help.
All access roads should be open but there may be some icy patches.
The Hemmel Cafe will be open from 10.00am to 2.00pm.
There’s a little snow around but not enough to ski on, especially as the ground has been so sodden. With a continuing frost and a little more snow, we may be able to open tomorrow and/or Saturday.
Reduced rate membership still available until end of November. Only £25 for adult membership for the whole season. £50 for a family. Membership rates increase in December to £35 & £70.
We’re putting up the ski tows on Sunday 12th November, starting at 10.30 on the field at Allenheads. All help is welcome.
There’s a good 20 cms of snow over much of the field, nicely packed down on A tow side, more powder on B tow side.
We’ll open again tomorrow from about 10.00am and expect to run the tows until about 5.00pm. It will remain cold and should stay bright and sunny until mid-afternoon so conditions will be excellent. If you come, please park carefully, especially if its busy. If the parking above the village is full, there is a large public car park across the road from the Allenheads Inn in the village. Best to bring a shovel to make a space.
The Hemmel Cafe will open tomorrow, probably from 10.00 – 16.00 but worth a check on their Facebook page
for confirmation of the times.
The weather becomes warmer and wetter for a couple of days after tomorrow before turning cold and snowy again. iI the current snow can survive the rain, it may provide a base for more snow on Tuesday & Wednesday.
To check on the conditions during the week, you will need to phone our answer machine: 0759 1087 767 or check our Facebook page
A reasonable fall of snow overnight has left a nice covering at Allenheads. We’ll run the tows today from about 11.00, probably until about 5.00pm if the weather stays as sunny as forecast.
The forecast continues to be cold and dry through tomorrow daytime so we plan to run the tows tomorrow, Saturday, from about 10.00 – 5.00pm.
The roads to Allenheads from Hexham appear to be open, although there will be some lying snow in places. Don’t know about access from Weardale or Rookhope.
If you come to Allenheads, please bring a shovel, be prepared to dig a parking place and make sure you don’t block the road for the bus and the snow plough.
Another fluctuating forecast and Allenheads now seems to be on the edge of the snow rather than in the middle. However, there may well be enough today & overnight to make it possible to open sometime tomorrow morning. We’ll monitor the situation and update again later today or tomorrow morning.
If there is enough snow to open, its very likely we’ll also be open on Saturday. Worth planning the day now!
After careful reading of the runes and rubbing two ski poles together, I’m pretty certain that I don’t know if we will get any/enough snow to open this week. Rather like the snowfall last month, there are conflicting forecasts with some predicting snow tomorrow and Tuesday. If the snow does arrive in enough quantity, it should last as the temperatures drop sharply during the week. Long way off, but next weekend is also looking possible.
Its very unlikely there will be enough snow to open tomorrow, but Tuesday is a possibility. There’ll be an update as soon as the conditions become clearer.
Well from the “best snow in England” to the quickest disappearing snow in England. We ran the tows today until 2.15 and 30 – 40 people had an enjoyable, if rather patchy ski & board. I’m afraid that is it for the time being and we’ll have to wait for some fresh snow & cold weather. The next couple of weeks look to be warm & damp but there is talk of a “snow bomb” for mid-February. All a long way off but would be great if it coincides with half term.