Skiing or Snow Boarding at Allenheads is great fun and perfect for everyone, especially families and beginners. As well as the good snow, the wide slopes, the beautiful scenery, the friendliness of our members and helpers, the easy road access and the nearby cafe and pub, we have a good supply of skis, boots and, increasingly, snowboards and boots which can be borrowed for your visit.
However, when you become a member of Ski-Allenheads, there is some information and conditions you need to be aware of:
- We have a good stock of skis, boots and poles, especially in children’s sizes, which are available for members to borrow. We do ask for a £5 donation for each loan of a set of skis and/or boots so that we can replace worn out gear. If you borrow equipment, you must be able to find the correct size of boots and skis and set the bindings yourself. We have no one in the club who is qualified to do that for you and the club accept no responsibility for any damage or injury caused by a member incorrectly fitting skis or boots or setting bindings.
- A lot of people have learned to ski and snowboard at Allenheads but, be warned, you will need to teach yourself – We have no ski school, no ski or snowboard teachers and we offer no lessons. If you do come to start skiing or snowboarding at Allenheads, you will be welcome and you may find people to offer a bit of help and advice but you will largely have to teach yourself or be helped by your friends or family.
- The Club will take all possible steps to minimise the risk of accident or injury to members using the facilities but will not be liable in any way for loss, damage or injury except in cases where negligence by the Club is proved. Club members are automatically affiliated to SnowSport England which provides insurance cover for loss or personal injury caused to a third party. This insurance does not provide cover for injury to yourself.
- Only club members are allowed on the ski slope and you must carry an electronic or paper version of the membership confirmation email.
- You must ski or snowboard with consideration for the safety and enjoyment of others.
- Please ensure you are familiar with the Club’s emergency/accident procedures.
- Please park considerately at all times, in particular make sure access for the snowplough and bus is always clear and access for residents is not blocked.
- No dogs or sledges are allowed in the ski area.