Joining the Club
To ski with us you need to be a member of the club. Joining the club is straightforward and can be done on-line using the Webcollect service which we use to manage membership and collect subscriptions. For more information about Webcollect and to either renew your membership or join for the first time please go to: Ski-Allenheads on WebCollect
Membership is for the whole winter season for which you pay a single fee. Once you are a member you can come along and ski any time, when we have snow.
NB. Existing members will be sent an email in September with a reminder to renew their membership.
Although we prefer members to join on-line and in advance of coming to Allenheads (we’re volunteers & want to ski, not spend our time managing membership), you can join at Allenheads. You will need to complete a paper form or use Webcollect. If you join whilst at Allenheads, you must pay by cash, cheque or on-line transfer. Although we can’t take card payments ourselves, we do have an arrangement for people to pay for membership by card at the Hemmel Cafe.
Annual Membership Rates – 2019/2020
Our membership year runs from 1st November to 30th October. Please note the significantly reduced rates for joining before the 1st of December.
- Single – £35.00 – but if you join before 1st December only £25.00
- Family – £70.00 – before 1st December £50.00
- Junior (under 18 on 1st November 2019) – £20.00 – before 1st December £15.00
- Full-time students and unemployed persons can join at the Junior membership rate as detailed above on production of a student card (Uni Smart Card) or benefits card. Photocopies will be accepted with postal and emailed applications
If you can’t join on-line please complete an application form (Ski-Allenheads Application Form) and follow the instructions on the form for posting it.
A Single, Family or Junior membership entitles you to skiing or boarding at Allenheads for the full season with no extra charge.
Reciprocal Arrangements with Yad Moss and Weardale
Our agreement with Yad Moss and Weardale ski clubs is continuing in the coming season meaning that Ski-Allenheads members can get reduced rate day passes at Yad Moss and Weardale ski clubs. Rates will be £10 for a day for an adult & £5 for juniors. Please make sure you take your 2019/20 Ski-Allenheads membership confirmation with you. For Yad Moss, this arrangement will apply whenever their slopes are open. For Weardale, this will only be for weekdays – their limited car parking makes it impractical for weekends. If you visit their slopes, please check their website for current conditions and especially note that access to Weardale normally needs winter tyres and often a 4 wheel drive vehicle.
Text & E-Mail services:
Tell us your mobile phone number or e-mail address and we’ll text and / or e-mail you whenever there is sufficient snow at Allenheads and we plan to run the tows. This is a free service, in addition to the Answer Machine which will continue to give the up to date snow information.
Discount on ski wear and equipment for Club Members at the following:
- Snow & Rock – upstairs in Cotswold Outdoor, Northumberland St, Newcastle city centre – 20% discount in store from 2nd December ’19 to 15th December ’19. Membership confirmation must be shown.
- Normal Snow & Rock discount – 10% discount on production of current membership confirmation