Tows coming down this Sunday

We’ve decided to take our tows down this coming Sunday, 15th March. A couple of weeks early but the weather forecast shows no chance of snow; plus we’d like to get the job done soon before any of our potential helpers get Covid-19.
Come and give a hand, starting at 10.30 at Allenheads. Hope to finish by 12.30 – with enough help.

No tows this morning

Snow is now patchy and skiing tricky so we’re not planning on opening today. Will review later as more snow forecast but expected to quickly turn to rain, so very unlikely conditions will be good enough to run the tows.

More snow forecast for tomorrow and Sunday so Sunday is looking a distinct possibility for opening.

Yad Moss & Weardale running this morning, so Ski-Allenheads members can get reduced rate day tickets if you fancy a go.

Maybe skiing today

There’s been a little snow overnight and it may be possible to run the tows later. Will update about 10.30 when the conditions have been checked. Answer phone (0191 597 4174) will also be updated.

Patchy snow – no skiing yet

There is more snow on our slope than indicated on neighbouring webcams. Often 6 inches and more in places where it had drifted. Unfortunately there are a few very thin if not bare patches where the wind has blown the snow. The ground is very wet as well. With the colder weather forecast, all we need now is a  little more snow as forecast later this week. Skis crossed.