There’s a covering of snow at Allenheads and we think it should be enough to ski for at least a few hours. We plan to run the tows from about 1.00pm today. If you plan to come to Allenheads, you must read the rest of this post:
- Do not come if you have any Covid symptoms
- Be careful on the field and ensure social distancing at all times
- Record your visit on the sheet by the main cabin so that we can contact you for track and trace purposes
- It will not be possible to borrow skis or boots so you must have your own equipment
- The Hemmel Cafe and the Allenheads Inn are both closed so there will be no toilets available in Allenheads. The nearest toilets are in Allendale Town or Nenthead.
- None of the cabins will be open for members other than the volunteers running the tows
- Park carefully and be respectful to the residents of Allenheads. With Covid numbers being high in south west Northumberland, there will inevitably be some concern for them if there are a lot of visitors.
If you do get to Allenheads, enjoy your day.