The return to snow sports at Ski-Allenheads during the COVID-19 situation is going to be different and challenging. It will need co-operation and courtesy from everyone, however skiing and snowboarding will be possible this season following guidance from Snowsport England .
Important Information for Members visiting Allenheads
- A sign in sheet for track & trace will be at the main ski hut.
- There will be no on the day loan of skis, snowboards or boots this season as it is not practical or safe to sanitise these – please bring your own.
- Keep gloves on at all times when possible.
- Keep a safe distance around the ski area and especially at the tow.
- The tows may only run on certain days – we may not open if the snow conditions are marginal or the weather very bad.
- The access to the ski huts will be restricted.
- Sanitiser will be available, however please bring your own for personnel use.
- The ‘rule of 6’ applies so please don’t use the field as a location for socialising.
- The amount of members on the slope at any one time may be restricted:
- 1 tow running – 60 members
- 2 tows running – 100 members
Ski-Allenheads club can confirm we have complied with the Government’s guidance on managing the risks of Covid-19 by taking the following actions:
- A new COVID-19 snow sports risk assessment has been completed
- Cleaning and sanitizing facilities will be available.
- We have taken reasonable steps to maintain social distancing
- Where people cannot maintain 1 to 2 metre distancing, we have done everything practicable to manage the transmission risk.
- We have a track and trace system in place for possible infection risk.